Friday, April 24, 2009

24-04-2009

I spent the last couple of days in Bintan, Indonesia, a nearby island just a little bigger than Singapore. Bintan is known for its sweet beaches and resorts. I went there with three fellows following my second exam for the purpose of rest and relaxation. I got all that I wanted and at an affordable price. My sunscreen was confiscated so I may have gotten a sunburn for free as well.

We stayed at a small resort for a steep 7 USD a night. Most of the time it seemed like we were the only people there; since it was midweek the whole place seemed deserted. However there were plenty of incredibly hospitable employees who helped us with whatever and what-have-you. The weather was beautiful the entire time we were there, but it was even hotter than Singapore.

One of the two pools at the resort, the water was actually warmer than I would have liked:

We stayed in a more traditional hotel style room, rather than one of these sweet bungalows, not by my choice. The beach where we played volleyball and Frisbee:


This is the restaurant in which we had our dinner. As you can see, we were the only people there.
My last paper will be this upcoming Tuesday. I was disappointed to find that our grades probably won't be released until June, and even then only the final grade is given. I will never know how I did on my projects, labs, or final exams.

2 comments:

  1. That totally sucks about never finding out your grades...can you email prof.s and ask?

    ReplyDelete